10 Do's and Don'ts
Are you a first-time homebuyer? Are you considering a home or condo purchase in the near future? If you answered yes to either question and you will be obtaining financing, here are some important do's and don'ts you should keep in mind:
The Don'ts - Do not do these:
- Don't apply for any new credit
- Don't max out or go over your the limit of credit cards
- Don't consolidate debt onto one or two credit cards
The Do's - You should Do These:
- Do Keep all your credit card accounts open
- Do stay employed with your current employer OR stay in same line of work
- Do pay off collections, judgements or tax liens that have been reported in past 12 months
- Do be prepared to pay off collections if required to do so by loan underwriting or loan Guidelines
- Do consult with your mortgage broker/lender before making financial decisions or changes to your normal financial routine.
Even if you aren't quite ready to purchase a property, these steps will get you in a home-buying position much quicker! Contact us When your are ready to begin the homebuying process. We're here to help!
Fort Lauderdale Neighborhoods
Disclaimer:The information contained, and the opinions expressed, in this article are not intended to be construed as investment advice. John Sabia PA and Keeping Current Matters, Inc. does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information or opinions contained herein. Nothing herein should be construed as investment advice. You should always conduct your own research and due diligence and obtain professional advice before making any investment decision. John Sabia PA and Keeping Current Matters, Inc. will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on the information or opinions contained herein.