Pet Friendly HOmes Sought by buyers
One of the many reasons for Owning your own home is the opportunity to bring your four-legged family member along with you. A recent study by NAR (National Association of Realtors) found that a love for our pets, has had a significant impact on the home buying and selling process.
In 2018, more than 72 billion was spent on pets in the United States. William E Brown, NAR's President elaborated on the connection between pet owners and their property search.
Mr. Brown suggested, "It is important to understand the unique needs and wants of animal owners when it comes to home-ownership. Realtors® understand that when someone buys a home, they are buying it with the needs of their whole family in mind; ask pet owners, and they will enthusiastically agree that their animals are part of their family."
The Influence of Pets When Selecting the Right Home
- 89% of pet owners admit they would not give up their pet because of a restriction
- 81% of Americans state their pets are a significant factor in choosing a home
- 31% of pet owners decided against offering on a property because it wasn't suitable for their pet
- 19% state they would consider moving elsewhere for their pet
- 12% of folks confirm they have moved for their pet
Builders of new construction homes have added retractable pet gates as a feature to attract pet owners to their properties.
If you are a homeowner selling in today's pet-friendly environment, it may be very useful to make sure to point out the home features that will interest pet owners such as:
- A fully fenced in yard (91% of pet owners rank this as the number 1 feature when looking at homes
- The close proximity to doggie parks, dog walks and pet-friendly beaches in the area (71% of pet owners rated this as a top feature when selecting a home or neighborhood
- The close proximity to veterinarians, grooming salons and pet supply stores (31% rated this as a top feature)
Folks love their animals and will search for pet-friendly features in the home they select to purchase. Take advantage of this knowledge by making certain to mention your home's ability to satisfy these concerns.
Search for your Next Pet Friendly home or condo here:
Fort Lauderdale Neighborhoods